WW1 Tank Essex Southend Red Cross Collecting Box.
A large wooden scratch built WW1 tank, retaining green painted finish and Red Cross. The top with coin slot. Base panel absent see photographs. The tank was acquired with a Red Cross Armband and badges etc, indicating Essex 34 Red Cross, which was based in Southend. All was contained in an old hat box with a 1922 piece of paper to the base. The tank with minor age wear. Length 24cm Height 8.5cm Width 14cm.
Essex 34 Red Cross took over the 'The Glen' in Southchurch Avenue Southend-on-Sea. This house was converted to a 50 bed hospital in 1914.
Please fill in the information below